A Brief History of Half Moon Bay
Half Moon Bay, so named because of its
crescent moon shape, is on the south side of Bostwick Island
in the Admiralty Group of the Thousand Islands, near Gananoque.
In 1887, a group of summer campers began to meet on Sunday evenings in the Bay for divine services.
Popularity of the meetings soon attracted campers for miles around and from Gananoque. In July and August
the romantic outdoor chapel is crowded with worshippers of all kinds.
David Wallace of Boston, Mass., owner of the property, died in 1904 and bequeathed Half Moon Bay
to be held in trust as a place of worship.
Click here for more info